Amazon US is live!
Kobo is also live.
Barnes & Noble is still processing.
Have a great day!
All complimentary contest-win episodes have been sent out. Check your Kindles or your inboxes.
If you did not receive your season-pass copies and you think your Kindle email might have changed, please email me as soon as possible so I can re-send.
(That said, I will be gone much of tomorrow in meetings. That’s why I’m rushing to get all this sent out tonight; I’m not sure how much I’ll be around to take care of y’all.)
Most retailers take a while. I will check again in the morning and do a release day post once we’ve got some actual links to share.
Okay, so, remember in the last post how I said, “if everything goes as planned”?
Yeah. Not so much. Day-job has some issues with personal space.
I was going to hurry and try to upload tonight, but this episode just isn’t ready yet. I’m shooting for very, very late Thursday night or Friday afternoon. That way, at least we’ll have Overcome up for the weekend.
I’m sorry it couldn’t be sooner, but I’d rather take the time to do all the usual polish passes instead of skimping.
To make up for it, here’s the excerpt a couple days early.
See you this weekend!
Sorry about that last deleted post. I’m trying to clean up some stuff on the website, and sometimes I forget that I have no heckin’ idea what I’m doing.
Episode 15 is out with the beta team. If everything goes to plan*, we’ll have a new release within the next week or two.
Here’s the episode description:
Episode 15: In high demand as a performer and stalking expert, Sophie navigates a busy, pleasure-packed week at Fantasy Heights. Unexpected visitors shake things up between Sophie and Ben. Thomas, meanwhile, turns his creative problem-solving skills onto a personal problem.
Here’s what I bought myself as a treat for finishing the episode. Good stuff.
Otherwise, I have a terribly exciting day planned, including laundry, kitchen cleaning, watching all three Star Trek movies just because I can, and also working on something new and fun for the email subscribers. That’s a super hush-hush secret I’m not supposed to talk about. So subtle.
*Why do I say that shit out loud? It’s like I’m just asking for it, right?
Heads up on this little bargain, courtesy of Bookbub:
JD Robb: Naked In Death for 1.99
Also, a bit of silliness to aid the very brain-fried:
Name your favorite rock song with epic drums. (I need to edit something in the episode because apparently no one but me listens to Dream Theater.) Comments or email. Either will do.
I’m on “vacation” from the day job this week. Note the ironic-usage quotes around “vacation”. I’m spending the week getting Episode 15 ready for the beta team.
That means we have until Friday for new (and old) beta readers to sign up using the new form. We’ve still got plenty of room at the table, so don’t be shy.
Now, who wants to write this episode’s promo copy for me? Anyone? Anyone?
We’re gearing up for the next round of beta, and we sure could use some more eyes on these episodes.
I’ve reopened a new beta-team signup form. Even if you have signed up in the past, or even worked with the beta team before, please sign up again now to let me know you’re still interested in helping out. (Worse, Emma handled a lot of the beta team interaction and she doesn’t have access to some of her old emails anymore, so it’s very possible some older information is just… gone.)
Here’s some stuff you should know before signing up:
- I’m kind of a dick: I take forever to produce an episode, and then leave the beta team limited time (read: ZERO TIME) to read and give feedback.
- The beta team uses Google Docs. It’s not difficult to figure out how to comment on stuff, but some prior experience might come in handy. And be warned: this is probably easiest on PC or laptop. If you only have a mobile phone, beta-reading might be extra tough.
- Right now, the Fantasy Heights series is without a content editor. I do work with a proofreader, but we never catch everything. Part of the beta-reading deal on this team includes proofreading, which requires a bit more effort than just straight-up reading an episode and telling us what you think.
- Beta-reading means you have to be cool with questioning story/plot choices and providing both positive and negative feedback. Beta readers can’t worry about hurting anyone’s feelings. First of all, I don’t have any. Second, I take feedback seriously, but not personally.
- Beta versions are copyright protected AND confidential. Beta-reader feedback is also treated as confidential. I don’t share feedback from one beta-reader to another without first seeking permission.
Caveats done. If you’re interested in joining the beta team, get thee to the signup form. Bring friends, too!
So I’m still chugging along with Season One cover changes. Thank God I ordered a proof copy of the Season One book, because I completely forgot things like trim size and some fade masking before I reassembled the cover and re-uploaded.
Anyway, this means I have a free print proof (with a slightly wonky-looking cover) that I will sign and send off to the first person who emails me their name and street address. Domestic US only, please.
Email address can be found on contact page.
Edit-To-Add: Aaaaaand it’s gone, already 🙂