We’re gearing up for the next round of beta, and we sure could use some more eyes on these episodes.
I’ve reopened a new beta-team signup form. Even if you have signed up in the past, or even worked with the beta team before, please sign up again now to let me know you’re still interested in helping out. (Worse, Emma handled a lot of the beta team interaction and she doesn’t have access to some of her old emails anymore, so it’s very possible some older information is just… gone.)
Here’s some stuff you should know before signing up:
- I’m kind of a dick: I take forever to produce an episode, and then leave the beta team limited time (read: ZERO TIME) to read and give feedback.
- The beta team uses Google Docs. It’s not difficult to figure out how to comment on stuff, but some prior experience might come in handy. And be warned: this is probably easiest on PC or laptop. If you only have a mobile phone, beta-reading might be extra tough.
- Right now, the Fantasy Heights series is without a content editor. I do work with a proofreader, but we never catch everything. Part of the beta-reading deal on this team includes proofreading, which requires a bit more effort than just straight-up reading an episode and telling us what you think.
- Beta-reading means you have to be cool with questioning story/plot choices and providing both positive and negative feedback. Beta readers can’t worry about hurting anyone’s feelings. First of all, I don’t have any. Second, I take feedback seriously, but not personally.
- Beta versions are copyright protected AND confidential. Beta-reader feedback is also treated as confidential. I don’t share feedback from one beta-reader to another without first seeking permission.
Caveats done. If you’re interested in joining the beta team, get thee to the signup form. Bring friends, too!